What to Expect in Worship
ALL SERVICES ARE CURRENTLY ONLINE ONLY VIA ZOOM:
Meeting ID: 955 2907 2822 Passcode: 257223
If you are using a non-smartphone to join a meeting (audio only), dial 929-205-6099 and be ready to enter the meeting ID and passcode, above.
We gather in worship to find meaning and live more deeply. Worship creates connections within, among, and beyond us, calling us to our better selves, calling us to live with wisdom and compassion.
Elements of a typical UUCLC Sunday morning worship service include:
- Words of welcome
- Lighting the chalice, the symbol of our faith
- Music, both instrumental and vocal and in a variety of styles
- We usually begin with a UU favorite, Spirit of Life.
- We always conclude by holding hands and singing a UUCLC favorite, Weave.
- A time for lifting up the joys and concerns of the congregation
- A meditation or prayer
- Readings—ancient or contemporary
- A sermon given by a professional minister, a guest speaker, or a member of the congregation. We do not have our own minister at this time; however, thanks to the magic of Zoom, we are able to bring speakers to our services from literally around the world!
- An offering, collecting financial donations for the congregation or for justice work in the community.
In the before times, we gathered before service for discussion on various topics of interest. Currently, the discussion occurs after service. Folks may talk about the service they’ve just attended, as well as topics of personal interest of local, regional, national, or global concern. While our services are on Zoom only, our Discussion Group is held immediately after the Sunday Service on the same Zoom link as the service.