We have had a case of COVID-19 at our Sunday services and potluck on October 2nd. Anyone who attended an event on Sunday should consider themselves exposed. The CDC guidelines recommend the following:
- Wear a high quality mask immediately, any time you are around others inside your home or indoors in public.
- Day 1 is the first full day after your exposure, continue precautions for 10 days.
- Watch for symptoms – fever, cough or other symptoms.
- If you develop symptoms, isolate immediately.
- Get tested, if you test positive, isolate immediately.
- Even if you don’t develop symptoms, it is recommended that you get tested 5 full days after your exposure. If you test negative, continue precautions through day 10. You can still develop Covid-19 up to 10 days after you have been exposed.
- Further guidance is available at cdc.gov, COVID-19.
We will resume previous protocols for now, that includes masking inside the building, social distancing, and no coffee or potlucks. The Safe Congregation Committee will reassess at the end of the month.
If you have not received all vaccines and boosters, please consider doing so. Your personal physician is a good resource for any questions or concerns.
Thank you for your patience and support.
Safe Congregation Committee