A message from Pastor Mike and Pastor Jim, Friendship CME Church, as well as other local pastors. Join us!
We are joining other counties in Florida and throughout the United States in celebrating Race Amity Day 2022. The Lake County Commission has proclaimed the second Sunday in June Race Amity Day in Lake County.
As religious leaders, business leaders, elected officials and citizens of Lake County, we are asking that you join us for this gathering to show unity amongst all the residents of Lake County.
By joining together, as people of faith in observing Race Amity Day, we will affirm our commitment to work together to make Lake County a community in which all our citizens are treated with respect and dignity as valued children of God.
So, on Sunday, June 12th at 2:00pm we will meet in front of the Old Courthouse in Tavares located at 317 West Main Street.
We will sing songs, hear from our leaders and offer prayers for some of the violence that is going on in our country and abroad such as:
- The war in Ukraine and the families affected by it.
- Random killings that have happened in our country and protection of our schools and all that are on our campuses.
- Remembering those we lost during Covid and praying for our post Covid lives.
- Rising costs and difficulties families have to make ends meet.
- Praying for more unity and love amongst all races, genders and society as a whole.
- And any other concerns we need to pray for.
Please join us as we unite as a County and fellowship with each other. What a great opportunity to show unity with each other.
Some things to know for your convenience are:
- Water will be provided for those in attendance.
- Please bring your own chair if you would like to sit.
- The event will be no more than one hour.
- Lake County parking garage will be open, but you can use all parking along Main Street as well.
- NO political agendas, just love and respect for all of God’s children.
- If you would like to participate in the event, please call Pastor Mike at 352-406-9608.
Thanks so much and God bless you all.
Pastor Mike, Pastor Jim and other local Pastors